Place:


Edgeworth  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edgeworth like this:

EDGEWORTH, a township and a sub-district in Bolton parish, Lancashire. The township lies near the Bolton and Blackburn railway, 7½ miles NNW of Bolton. Acres, 2, 480. Real property, £4, 378; of which £465 are in quarries. Pop., 1, 350. Houses, 273. There are a cotton-mill, a school-church, Independent chapels of 1822 and 1867, and a Wesleyan chapel of 1863. The sub-district includes two other townships. Acres, 4, 430. Pop., 2, 025. Houses, 406.

Edgeworth through time

Edgeworth is now part of Blackburn With Darwen district. Click here for graphs and data of how Blackburn With Darwen has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edgeworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edgeworth, in Blackburn with Darwen and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10163

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edgeworth ".