Place:


Wyre Piddle  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wyre Piddle like this:

WYRE-PIDDLE, a chapelry in Fladbury parish, Worcester; on the river Avon, adjacent to Pershore r. station. It has a post-office under Pershore. Pop., 229. Houses, 54. The manor belongs to Lord Northwick. The living is annexed to Fladbury. The church was restored in 1845. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Wyre Piddle through time

Wyre Piddle is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wyre Piddle itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wyre Piddle, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10158

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wyre Piddle ".