Place:


Wick  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wick like this:

WICK-NEAR-PERSHORE, a chapelry in Pershore parish, Worcester; 2 miles SE by S of Pershore r. station. It has a post-office under Pershore. Acres, 1,600. Real property, £3,886. Pop., 318. Houses, 65. The manor, with W. House, belongs to A. R. Hudson, Esq.; Upper W. House is the seat ofS. Hudson, Esq.; and Avon Bank, of Mrs. General Marriott. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £105. Patron, the Vicar of Pershore. The church is old.

Wick through time

Wick is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wick, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10141

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wick ".