Place:


Shrawley  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shrawley like this:

SHRAWLEY, a parish, with a village, in Martley district, Worcester; 4¾ miles S of Stourport r. station. It has a post-office under Stourport. Acres, 1,877. Real property, £3,882. Pop., 549. Houses, 120. The manor belongs to H. F. Vernon, Esq. Severn House and Wood House are chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £355.* Patron, H. F. Vernon, Esq. The church was recently restored. There is a national school.

Shrawley through time

Shrawley is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shrawley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shrawley, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10089

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shrawley ".