Place:


Connahs Quay  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Connahs Quay like this:

CONNAH'S-QUAY, a sea-port village and a chapelry, in Northop parish, Flint. The village stands on the estuary of the Dee, at the terminus of the Buckley railway, adjacent to the Chester and Holyhead railway, 3 miles SE of Flint; and has a post office‡ under Flint. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Pop., 1, 422. Houses, 314. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £301. Patron, the Vicar of Northop.

Connahs Quay through time

Connahs Quay is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Connahs Quay itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Connahs Quay in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1006

Date accessed: 12th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Connahs Quay ".