Place:


Peopleton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Peopleton like this:

PEOPLETON, a village and a parish in Pershore district, Worcester. The village stands 2 miles N W by N of Pershore r. station, and has a post-office under Pershore. The parish comprises 1, 474 acres. Real property, £2, 569. Pop., 326. Houses, 64. Seaford Grangeis a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £300. Patron, J. Cook, Esq. The church has a brick tower, and was recently repaired.

Peopleton through time

Peopleton is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Peopleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Peopleton, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10002

Date accessed: 24th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Peopleton ".