Annual unemployment time series, 1927-39, for administrative counties
- Table ID:
- Annual unemployment time series, 1927-39, for administrative counties
- Approx. number of rows:
- Table type:
- Documentation Author:
- Humphrey Southall
- Reporting units are identified by:
The data cover the period
1927 to 1939.
Dates and times are identified by:
- This table contains data entirely derived from the 'lui' table.
- For most counties, the data held here are simply annual averages
of the adjusted quarterly rates held in 'lui'.
However, this table is based more closely on the system of
administrative counties in existence during the inter-war
period than the 'lui' table itself.
- For the following counties, series have been constructed
by using the data for specific places:
- Cambridgeshire: Cambridge and Cottenham.
- Isle of Ely: Ely and Wisbech.
- Lincolnshire Holland: Boston and Spalding.
- Lincolnshire Kesteven: Grantham,
Sleaford and Stamford.
- Lincolnshire Lindsey: Barton on Humber,
Gainsborough, Grimsby, Lincoln, Louth, Scunthorpe
- Northamptonshire: All listed towns except
- Soke of Peterborough: Peterborough (which is
listed under Northamptonshire).
- Suffolk East: Felixstowe, Ipswich, Lowestoft
- Suffolk West: Bury St. Edmunds, Newmarket and
- Sussex East: Bexhill, Brighton, East Grinstead,
Eastbourne, Hailsham, Hastings, Haywards Heath, Lewes,
Newhaven and Rye.
- Sussex West: Bognor Regis, Chichester, Crawley,
Horsham, Shoreham and Worthing.
- Derived data; no additional checking.
Columns within table:
||Text string (max.len.=36).
Name of the Administrative County.
Calendar year to which the data relate.
||Floating point number.
Adjusted unemployment rate.