YORK-TOWN, a chapelry in Ash parish, Surrey; near Tongham r. station, and near Aldershot. It was constituted in 1851; and it has a post-office under Farnborough Station. Pop., 1,407. Houses, 256. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £198. Patron, the Bishop of W.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Ash CP Surrey AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.