Your free text search term was FRADLEY.
ALREWAS, a village and a parish in Lichfield district, Stafford. The village stands on the Grand Trunk canal, near the South Stafford railway, the river Trent, the river Tame, and Ryknield-street, 5 miles NE of Lichfield. It has a station on the railway ¾ of a mile distant, a post office under Lichfield,‡ and an inn. Pop., 1,125. Houses, 264. The parish includes also the townships of Orgreave and Fradley. Acres, 4,329. Real property, £11,287. Pop., 1,633. Houses, 379. The property is divided among a few. The manor was given to Lichfield cathedral in 822. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £328. Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is good. There are chapels for Wesleyan and Primitive Methodists. Charities, £26.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a village and a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Alrewas CP/AP Staffordshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.