Your free text search term was wesham.
MEDLAR-WITH-WESHAM, a township in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; around Kirkham r. station, from ½ a mile to 2½ miles N of Kirkham. It has a postal letterbox, at the r. station, under Preston; and has there also a hotel. Acres, 1,971. Real property, £3,441. Pop. in 1851,170; in 1861,563. Houses, 101. The increase of pop. arose from additional employment in cotton mills. The manor, with Mowbreck Hall, belongs to J. T. Fazakerley-Westby, Esq. The Hall is a fine old edifice of red brick, castellated with stone; and contains a domestic Roman Catholic chapel. A large school, used also as a lecture hall, and belonging to the Independents, was built at Wesham in 1864.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Kirkham AP/CP Medlar With Wesham Tn/CP Lancashire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.