Your free text search term was CHURCH MINSHULL.
MINSHULL-VERNON, a village and a township in Middlewich parish, and a chapelry partly also in Nantwich parish, Cheshire. The village stands on the river Weaver, near the Northwestern railway, 3¾ miles S by W of Middlewich; is a scattered place; and has a station on the railway. The township contains also the village of Bradfield-Green, and comprises 2,753 acres. Real property, £4,866. Pop., 402. Houses, 63. The manor belonged anciently to the Vernons; passed to the Odlintons, the Actons, the Earl of Bradford, Mrs. Ann Smith, the Pulteneys, the Earl of Darlington, and W. Rigby, Esq.; and, with Norfield Hall and Erdswick Hall, belongs now to Lewis Loyd, Esq. Hulgrave Hall was formerly the seat of the Hulgraves; passed to J. F. France, Esq.; and is now a farm-house. The chapelry was constituted in 1840, and is sometimes called Leighton-cum-Minshull-Vernon. Post town, Middlewich. Pop., 619. Houses, 103. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £110.* Patron, the Bishop of Chester. The church stands at BradfieldGreen; was built in 1854, at a cost of £1,700; is in the early English style; and consists of nave and chancel, with bell-turret. There are an Independent chapel and a national school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a village and a township" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Nantwich Ch/CP Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.