ALNESBOURNE PRIORY, a depopulated hamlet in Nacton parish, Suffolk; near the river Orwell, 4¼ miles SE of Ipswich. A small Augustinian priory anciently stood here; and was annexed, in the 13th century, to the monastery of Woodbridge.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a depopulated hamlet" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Nacton CP/AP Suffolk AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.