ALNE (Great), a parish in Alcester district, Warwick; on the river Alne, 5 miles W by S of Bearley r station, and 6½ NW of Stratford-on-Avon. It has a post office under Birmingham. Acres, 1,753. Real property, £3,028. Pop., 347. Houses, 89. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Kinwarton, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is good. Charities, £28.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Great Alne Ch/CP Warwickshire AncC|
|Place names:||ALNE | ALNE GREAT | GREAT ALNE|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.