NORTON-LINDSEY, or Norton-Superior, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Warwick.; 1¾ mile E S E of Claverdon r. station, and 3½ W S W of Warwick. Post-town, Claverdon, under Warwick. Acres, 568. Real property, £1, 592. Pop., 157. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Claverdon, in the diocese of Worcester.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish, with a village" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Norton Lindsey CP/Ch Warwickshire AncC|
|Place names:||NORTON LINDSEY | NORTON LINDSEY OR NORTON SUPERIOR | NORTON SUPERIOR|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.