PACKINGTON (Little), a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; on the Hampton-Junction and Tamworth railway, adjacent to Great Packington, 2 miles N N E of Hampton-Junction r. station, and 3½ N W by W of Meriden. Post-town, Meriden, under Coventry. Acres, 1, 110. Real property, £1, 328. Pop., 124. Houses, 28. The manor belongs to the Earl of Stamford. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Great Packington, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is ancient, and has a wooden tower. Charities, £14.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Little Packington AP/CP Meriden PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
|Place names:||LITTLE PACKINGTON | PACKINGTON | PACKINGTON LITTLE|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.