PEOVER (Lower), a chapelry in Great Budworth parish, Cheshire; on the river Peover, 2¾ miles S by W of Knutsford r. station. It comprises the townships of Nether Peover, Inferior Peover, Allostock, and Plumbley; and its post town is Nether Peover, under Knutsford. Acres, 5, 738. Real property, £10,085. Pop., 1, 268. Houses, 240. The manors of Peover Inferior and Plumbley belong to Lord De Tabley; that of Nether Peover, to Lord De Tabley and SirW. Shakerley, Bart.; and that of Allostock, to SirW. Shakerley, Bart. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £96. Patron, Lord De Tabley. The church is of the 13th century; has a stone tower of 1562; and wasrestored, at a cost of £1, 300, in 1852. There is a parochial school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Great Budworth CP/Tn/AP Peover Inferior CP/Tn Cheshire AncC|
|Place names:||LOWER PEOVER | PEOVER | PEOVER LOWER|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.