ALDHAM, a parish in Cosford district, Suffolk; near the river Bret, 2 miles N of Hadleigh r. station. Post town, Hadleigh, under Ipswich. Acres, 1,744. Real property, £1,360. Pop. 267. Houses, 60. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £290. Patron, T. B. Lennard, Esq. The church is very ancient, and has a Norman round tower. A priory cell stood at Priory Farm. Rowland Taylor was burned, in 1555, on Aldham Common.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Aldham CP/AP Cosford PLU/RegD Suffolk AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.