PILLERTON-PRIORS, a parish in Shipston-on-Stour district, Warwick; adjacent to the Fosse way, 4 miles S W of Kineton, and 7¾ S E of Stratford-on-Avon r. station. Post-town, Kineton, under Warwick. Acres, 1, 460. Real property, £2, 207. Pop., 190. Houses, 45. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of P. Hersey, in the diocese of Worcester. The churchwent long ago to decay; but the churchyard is still inuse. There is a Wesleyan chapel, built in 1861.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Pillerton Priors CP Shipston on Stour RegD/PLU Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.