PRENDERGAST, a village and a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke. The village stands on the river Cleddau, and on the South Wales railway, at Haverfordwest r. station; is suburban to Haverfordwest; communicates with that town by a bridge; and is a seat of petty sessions. The parish comprises 1, 104 acres, and is partly within Haverfordwest borough. Post-town, Haverfordwest. Real property, £4,072. Pop., 1, 540. Houses, 309. Pop. of the H. borough part, 1, 326. Houses, 261. The property is subdivided. A seat of the Prendergasts and the Stepneys was here. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £183. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early English, and was recently in disrepair.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a village and a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||North Prendergast CP Prendergast CP/AP South Prendergast CP Haverfordwest RegD/PLU Pembrokeshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.