PRINCETHORPE, a township in Stretton-on-Dunsmore parish, Warwick; on the Fosse way, near the river Ichene, 6 miles N W of Southam. Pop., 319. Houses, 53. A Benedictine priory or nunnery, with about 60nuns, is here; was erected in 1833; includes a neat chapel, with a low steeple; and stands on a plot of about 4acres. There is also a national school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Princethorpe Tn/CP Stretton on Dunsmore Hmlt/CP Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.