RAVENSDEN, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Bedford; 4¼ miles N E by N of Bedford r. station. Post-town, Bedford. Acres, 2, 160. Real property, £2, 328. Pop. in 1851, 371; in 1861, 477. Houses, 85. The property is subdivided. R. House is the seat of F. Wythes, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £120. Patron, the Rev. Dr. Sier. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish, with a village" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Ravensden CP/AP Bedfordshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.