RODE (North) a township-chapelry in Prestburyparish, Cheshire; on the river Dane, and on the North Staffordshire railway, at the junction of the Churnet Valley railway, 4¾ miles S by W of Macclesfield. It has a station with telegraph at the railway -junction; and itspost-town is Congleton. Acres, 1, 520. Real property, £2, 623. Pop., 285. Houses, 54. The manor belongs to the Rev. J. Daintry. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £150.* Patron, the Rev. J. Daintry. The church was built in 1846; and is in the early English style, with a tower. There is an endowed school, with £20 a year.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township-chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Cheshire AncC|
|Place names:||NORTH RODE | RODE | RODE NORTH|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.