AKENHAM, a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk; near Gipping river, 2 miles E of Claydon r. station, and 4 N by W of Ipswich. Post Town, Claydon under Ipswich. Acres, 998. Real property, £1,630. Pop., 94. Houses, 22. The living is a rectory, annexed to Claydon, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is old but good.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Akenham CP/AP Bosmere and Claydon RegD/PLU Suffolk AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.