SAWTRY-ST. JUDITH, an extra-parochial tract in the district and county of Huntingdon; containing part of Sawtry village. Real property, £3, 177. Pop., 272. Houses, 56. A Cistertian abbey was founded here, in 1146, by Simon de St. Liz; and was given, at the dissolution, to the Cromwells.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"an extra-parochial tract" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Huntingdonshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.