SIDDINGTON, a township-chapelry in Prestbury parish, Cheshire; 3½ miles SE of Chelford r. station, and 5 SW of Macclesfield. It has a post-office under Congleton. Acres, 2,141. Real property, £4,014. Pop., 433. Houses, 79. The manor belongs to A. H. Davenport, Esq. Thornycroft Hall is the seat of the Rev. J. Thornycroft. Reedsmere is a lake, with a floating island. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £106. Patron. A. H. Davenport, Esq. The church was restored in 1850. There is a slightly endowed national school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township-chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Prestbury AP/CP Siddington CP/Tn Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.