ACASTER-MALBIS, a township and a parish in York district, W. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the river Ouse, 2 miles E of Copmanthorpe r. station, and 5 S of York; and has a post office under York. The parish includes also part of the township of Naburn. Acres, 1,780. Real property, £2,894. Pop., 359. Houses, 61. The property is all in one estate; and it derived its name from the Malbisse family, who flourished here for several centuries after the Conquest. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £56. Patron, F. Lawley, Esq. The church is very good. Charities, £35.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township and a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Acaster Malbis CP/AP/Tn Yorkshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.