STAUGHTON (Little), a parish, with a village, in the district of St. Neots and county of Bedford; 4½ miles S by E of Kimbolton r. station. Post town, St. Neots. Acres, 1,660. Real property, £2,286. Pop., 572. Houses, 135. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £400.* Patron, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church is later English. There are a Baptist chapel, and a national school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish, with a village" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Little Staughton CP/AP Bedfordshire AncC|
|Place names:||LITTLE STAUGHTON | STAUGHTON | STAUGHTON LITTLE|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.