STOCKTON-HEATH, a village in Great Budworth parish, and a chapelry partly also in Runcorn parish, Cheshire. The village stands on the Bridgewater canal, 1 mile S of Warrington r. station; has a post-office under Warrington, and a police station with lock-up; and carries on extensively a manufacture of spades. The chapelry was constituted in 1838. Pop., 1,763. Houses, 375. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £120. Patrons, Messrs. Greenall. . The church was built in 1826. There is a Methodist chapel.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a village" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Runcorn AP/CP Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.