STOW, or Long Stow, a parish, with a village and a hamlet, in St. Neots district, Hunts; 2½ miles NNE of Kimbolton r. station. Post town, Kimbolton, under St. Neots. Acres, 1,480. Real property, £1,701. Pop., 208. Houses, 47. The manor is divided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ely. Value, £80. Patron, the Bishop of Ely. The church is ancient. There are a dissenting chapel, and charities £6.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish, with a village and a hamlet" (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")|
|Administrative units:||Stow Longa CP/AP|
|Place names:||LONG STOW | STOW | STOW OR LONG STOW|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.