SUNDON, a parish in Luton district, Beds; 4 miles NE of Dunstable r. station. It has a postal pillar-box under Dunstable. Acres, 2,160. Real property, £2,631. Pop., 450. Houses, 100. Most of the land belongs to the executors of Sir E. H. Turner, Bart. The living is a vicarage, united with Streatley, in the diocese of Ely. Value, £163.* Patrons, the Trustees of Sir E. H. Turner, Bart. The church is early English. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Sundon CP/AP Luton PLU/RegD Bedfordshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.