TILSTON-FEARNALL, a township and a chapelry in Bunbury parish, Cheshire. The township lies 1 mile N E of Beeston r. station, and 2 SSE of Tarporley. Acres, 864. Real property, £1,529. Pop., 173. Houses, 32. The manor belongs to J. Tollemache, Esq. T. Lodge is the residence of P. Heywood, Esq. The chapelry was constituted in 1837. Post town, Tarporley. Pop., 1,407. Houses, 262. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £100.* Patron, J. Tollemache, Esq. The church was built in 1836. There is a national school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township and a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Bunbury CP/Tn/AP Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.