WESTON, a township and a chapelry in Wybunbury parish, Cheshire. The township lies 2 miles SE of Crewe r. station. Acres, 1,851. Real property, £3,136. Pop., 500. Houses, 93. The manor belongs to Sir H. D. Broughton, Bart.The chapelry was constituted in 1840. Post town, Nantwich. Pop ., 673. Houses, 124. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £54.* Patron, Sir H. D. Broughton, Bart. The church was built in 1842. There are a Wesleyan chapel and some charities.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township and a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Wybunbury CP/AP Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.