WETTENHALL, a township-chapelry in Over parish, Cheshire; 2½ miles NNE of Calveley r. station, and 5 E by S of Tarporley. It has a post-office under Middlewich. Acres, 1,954. Real property, £2,365. Pop., 263. Houses, 46. The manor belongs to W. Tollemache, Esq. W. Hall was the seat of the Wettenhall family, and is now a farmhouse. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £75. Patron, the Vicar of Over. The church is plain. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township-chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Over AP/CP Wettenhall Ch/CP Cheshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.