Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for ABBOTSLEY

ABBOTSLEY, a parish in St. Neot's district, Huntingdon; 3¼ miles E of the Great Northern railway, and 4½ SE of St. Neot's. Post Town, St. Neot's. Acres, 2,110. Real property, £2,005. Pop., 486. Houses, 94 The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £85.* Patron, Baliol College, Oxford. The church is good, and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £9.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Abbotsley CP/AP       St Neots PLU/RegD       Huntingdonshire AncC
Place: Abbotsley

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.