WHIPSNADE, a parish in Luton district, Beds; 3 miles S by W of Dunstable r. station. Post town, Dunstable. Acres, 1,205. Real property, £1,391. Pop., 195. Houses, 43. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £200.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was restored and enlarged in 1860.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Whipsnade AP/CP Luton PLU/RegD Bedfordshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.