WHITACRE (Nether), a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; containing Whitacre-Junction r. station, and 3¼ miles ENE of Coleshill. It has a post-office under Birmingham. Acres, 2,210. Real property, £3,938. Pop., 479. Houses, 109. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £333.* Patron, Earl Howe. The church is ancient but good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school, and some charities.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Nether Whitacre Ch/CP Meriden RegD/PLU Warwickshire AncC|
|Place names:||NETHER WHITACRE | WHITACRE | WHITACRE NETHER|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.