ANSTEY, a parish in Foleshill district, Warwick; on the Oxford canal, near the river Sow, 2 miles SW of Bulkington r. station, and 5 NE of Coventry.-It has a post office under Coventry. Acres, 990. Real property, £2,340. Pop., 171. Houses, 47. The property is divided among a few. Some of the inhabitants are ribbon weavers. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £162. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is very good. There is a charity school.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Ansty CP/AP/Ch Foleshill PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.