ARLEY, a parish in Nuneaton district, Warwick; on the Birmingham and Leicester railway, with a r. station, 6 miles W by S of Nuneaton. It includes a place called Sloley Hill; and its Post Town is Fillongley under Coven try. Acres, 1,929. Real property, £3,366. Pop., 230. Houses, 56. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £351.* Patron, the Rev. Roger R. Vanghton. The church is good; and there are charities £36.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Arley CP/AP Nuneaton PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.