ASHBY, a parish in Mutford district, Suffolk; near the river Waveney 2½ miles N of Somerleyton r. station, and 5½ NW of Lowestoft. Post Town, Somerleyton under Lowestoft. Acres, 1,109. Real property, £1,137. Pop., 70. Houses, 14. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £214. Patron, Sir S. M. Peto, Bart. The church is mainly early English, and Has a decorated east window, a square Norman font, and a circular west tower, with octagonal upper story.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Ashby CP/AP Mutford and Lothingland RegD/PLU Suffolk AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.