ASHFIELD, or Ashfield-with-Thorpe, a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk; 2 miles ESE of Debenham, and 9 NE of Needham r. station. Post Town, Debenham under Stonham. Acres, 1,565. Real property, £2,674. Pop., 306. Houses, 67. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £53. Patron, Lord Henniker. The church is a brick structure of 1853.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Ashfield With Thorpe CP/AP Bosmere and Claydon RegD/PLU Suffolk AncC|
|Place names:||ASHFIELD | ASHFIELD OR ASHFIELD WITH THORPE | ASHFIELD WITH THORPE|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.