ASHOW, a parish in the district and county of Warwick; on the river Avon, adjacent to Stoneleigh, near the Northwestern railway, 2½ miles ESE of Kenilworth. It has a post office.† under Kenilworth. Acres, 1,012. Real property, £1,527. Pop., 149. Houses, 40. The property is not much divided. The manor was given, in the time of Edward IV., to the Abbey of Stoneleigh. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £295.* Patron, Lord Leigh. The church is ancient. Charities, £45.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Ashow CP/AP/Ch Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.