ASHTED, a chapelry in Aston parish, Warwick. It includes the north-eastern part of Birmingham; and has a post office‡ of Ashted-Row, in the street of that name, 1½ mile distant from the Birmingham head-office. Pop. in 1851, 11,198; in 1861, 13,392. Houses, 2,661. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £143. Patrons, three Trustees. The church is a plain edifice; built for a private residence by the physician, Dr. Ash; converted into a chapel in 1789; purchased for the Church of England in 1791; and now used as well for the troops at the horse barracks as for the parishioners.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a chapelry" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Aston CP/AP Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.