Your free text search term was WADDINGTON.
AUBOURN, a township and a parish in the district and county of Lincoln. The township lies on the river Witham, near the Fosse road and the Nottingham and Lincoln railway, 3½ miles SE of Thorpe r. station, and 6¼ SW by S of Lincoln; and includes the hamlet of Marlborough. Acres, 1,843. Real property, £2,474. Pop., 308. Houses, 61. The parish includes also part of the township of Haddington. Post Town, Waddington under Lincoln. Acres, 2,109. Real property, with the rest of Haddington, £3,636. Pop., 376. Houses, 73. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £209. Patron, the Rev. H. Neville. The church is Norman. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £19.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a township and a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Aubourn CP/AP Lincoln RegD/PLU Lincolnshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.