AVON-DASSET, a parish in the district of Banbury and county of Warwick; 2 miles SW of Fenny-Compton r. station, and 6½ NNW of Banbury. It has a post office under Banbury. Acres, 1,580. Real property, £3,038. Pop., 280. Houses, 57. The living is a rectory in the dio. of Worcester. Value, £366.* Patron, the Rev. R. G. Jeston. The church was rebuilt in 1869.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.