BADDESLEY-CLINTON, a parish in Solihull district, Warwick; on the Warwick and Birmingham canal and the Warwick and Birmingham railway, at Kingswood station, 8½ miles NW of Warwick. Post Town, Rowing ton under Warwick. Acres, 1,329. Real property, £1,787. Pop., 143. Houses, 25. The manor belongs to M. E. Ferrers, Esq. of Baddesley Hall. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £27. Patron, M. E. Ferrers, Esq. The church is ancient. There are a Roman Catholic chapel and a nunnery.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Baddesley Clinton CP/AP/Ch Solihull PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.