BADINGHAM, a parish in Hoxne district, Suffolk; 3½ miles N by E of Framlingham r. station. It has a post office under Saxmundham. Acres, 3,172. Real property, £5,814. Pop., 749. Houses, 166. The property is subdivided. Badingham Hall and Badingham Green are chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £582.* Patron, Rev. R. G. Gorton. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a free school, and charities £24.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Badingham AP/CP Hoxne PLU/RegD Suffolk AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.