BADWELL-ASH, or Little Ashfield, a parish in Stow district, Suffolk; 3½ miles N by E of Elm swell r. station, and 8 NNW of Stowmarket. It has a post office, of the name of Badwell-Ash, under Bury St. Edmunds. Acres, 1,860. Real property, £3,268. Pop., 527. Houses, 112. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £69. Patron, Miss Clough. The church is good; and there are a national school of 1861, and charities £13.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Badwell Ash CP/AP Stow PLU/RegD Suffolk AncC|
|Place names:||BADWELL ASH | BADWELL ASH OR LITTLE ASHFIELD | LITTLE ASHFIELD|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.