BARHAM, a parish in Bosmere district, Suffolk; on the river Gipping, 1½ mile NE of Claydon r. station, and 5 N of Ipswich. Post Town, Claydon, under Ipswich. Acres, 1,806. Real property, £3,281. Pop., 568. Houses, 90. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £342.* Patron, F. W. Schreiber, Esq. The church is good. The workhouse for Bosmere district is here.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Barham CP/AP Bosmere and Claydon PLU/RegD Suffolk AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.