BARNARDISTON, corruptedly Berniston, a parish in Risbridge district, Suffolk; 3¾ miles NW of Clare r. station, and 12 SSE of Newmarket. Post Town, Clare, under Sudbury. Acres, 1,100. Real property, £1,489. Pop., 280. Houses, 51. The property is much sub-divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £191. Patron, the Rev. Val. Ellis. The church is good; and there is a Primitive Methodist chapel.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Barnardiston CP/AP Risbridge PLU/RegD Suffolk AncC|
|Place names:||BARNARDISTON | BERNISTON|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.