BARSTON, a parish in Solihull district, Warwick; ½ mile ENE of Knowle r. station, and 9 W of Coventry. Post Town, Knowle, under Birmingham. Acres, 1,866. Real property, £4,507. Pop., 336. Houses, 79. The property is much subdivided. Barston Park is a chief residence The living is a. vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Berkeswell, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is excellent. Charities, £8.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Barston Ch/CP Solihull PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.